help?... I'm scared and confused

I am 38 weeks pregnant and I am very swollen I have had high blood pressure two weeks in a row now, I have gone for two nonstress tests, and Now my feet are swollen more then usual and yes my head has hurt all day, I have cramping in my lower belly and i dont know if these are contractoins but it feels like someone is stabing me in my cervix and my belly... the doctor in labor and delivery basically laughed at me and told me that swelling and cramps are normal, I want my doctor... what should I do?

jparker289

Asked by jparker289 at 10:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Call your doctor!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 10:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I can not call my doctor she wont be back in till tomorrow at one....
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Call your doctor's office. They should have an answering service & be able to call your doctor for you. They get paid good money--- don't feel bad about calling them late at night.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 10:45 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I had high blood pressure w/ my first and that is very dangerous! i was induced 6 weeks early b/c i was swollen so bad and i had headaches all that they said i could of had a stroke...... does your doctor have an after hour line u can call?? lay down as much as possiable w/ your feet up on ur left side. and try to see ur doctor tomorrow...you will be ok till then ....lower salt intake too.....just rest on ur left side!!
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Its normal ! i hated the non stress test i had to stay in the hosp everytime i went to get those your okay dont worry to much..
    Anonymous

• Are the cramps coming at intervals? Time them. Did you have a headache? Did you call the On Call doc? If they persist, I'd call again but don't panic. You could be having contractions or Braxton Hicks. You have to time them and if they get close together you should be aware. Did you mention the headache to the doc? The headache and high blood pressure could be a sign of different things. Only you know your body so if it gets worse, just go to the ER if the on call doctor isn't believing you. It'll be okay.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Call the oncall doctor, or better yet go to ER..........Dont wait around the worse thing that happens is they send you home. Better safe then sorry
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• If you cant talk to someone besides the on call (and I dont blame you in the least fro being concerned) go to the er. The worst that will happen there is they will either go oh hey look your preeclamptic lets take care of this or they will say hey your fine go home and rest your swollen feet either the way the BEST news is your baby is technically term now and you are most definitely in the home strecth and if in the worst case scenario you have to deliver soon your baby should be just fine! No worries!
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• If you think something is wrong dont push it aside. Go to the ER and insist they see you. It would be better to get checked and have it be nothing then to do nothing and have it be something.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 11:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Is your face swollen? That is a VERY definite sign of PreE and in that case you need to go to the ER.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 11:08 PM on Mar. 25, 2009