confused first time mom

i dotn want to just go running to L&D , but i may end up doing it anyways i just wanted some advice from people that have had this happen
im almost 36 weeks and i have been hurting even more i have pains in my back and in my stomach and when i even sit my legs start hurting really bad . i am on Procardia to stop contractions but my dr said i may have break threw contractions with it still . im worried about what i am feelign could it be contraactions? even when i go pee it just hurts i get a cramp and i feel presure . i stand i feel pressure im so confused . could it be the break threw contractions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The way you are describing it, I think you are having contractions. I would go to l & d just to make sure. Better safe than sorry love!
    moms1stprincess

Answer by moms1stprincess at 1:05 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• is it a coming and going pain or a not going away pain and pressure? It might be breakthrough contractions but it also sounds like you are just feeling pressure like maybe the baby dropped. You may want to at least call the after hours Dr though since you are on the meds to stop preterm labor, just in case. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:19 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• its off and on .
    ok ill try them thanks .
    Anonymous

• i think you should call the L&D unit at your hospital and see what they think.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• It's hard to say since you are on meds to stop contraction. I would call L&D see if someone will help you. If you do end up going in and it's nothing, that's okay. They get alot of false alams in the department, and they are usually very nice and helpful about it, better safe than sorry. With my first pregnancy I went 3 times thinking labor and was wrong, I felt stupid, but hey were awesome.
    puddleybug

Answer by puddleybug at 1:03 AM on Mar. 26, 2009