No more happy baby

My son just got over being really sick. He had a stomach virus for over a week. Before all that he was such a happy baby and then of course not so much while he was sick. He's all better now but still so crabby. He doesn't smile and laugh and bounce like he used to and he's much more fussy. Will this go away or is he just going to be like this now? Has this happened to anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd say he should be back to normal in a few days to a week. Just think.. when you get over being sick, it takes a few days to feel back to normal right? Same with babies :) He just needs some extra cuddles and love!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:39 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• He's probably all tired and worn down from being sick. Like when you have a really bad cold/flu- you are still kinda tired for a week after you are better usually.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I agree w/ the above poster but how old is he?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• he's 8 months
    Anonymous

• He may be teething now.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 11:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• how long has it been since he got "all better" cause it still sounds like he's recovering
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My LO is going through the SAME THING! Ugh! I've been told that it'll take about a week for their little system to go back to normal. They also say the seasonal changes throw babies "off" big time. Give it a week! Good luck. I'm there with you.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 8:32 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I am glad to hear someone else's baby is doing the same thing! My 8 1/2 month old just got over pneumonia, and she was sick for two straight weeks without eating much or sleeping on any type of schedule. Now she is just crabby (and used to be a bubbly baby). I think she is upset that she isn't able to just go right back to her normal schedule. Kind of like her body and mind are slightly at odds right now. I just keep trying to get her on a schedule and upped her feeding amounts. my doctor said that many babies go through growth spurts after being sick because their body is in emergency mode and growing is a sign of recovery. May want to give more food.
    Anonymous