14 month old still not talking?

Hi, my daughter is 14 months old almost 15 months, and she still isn't talking, I'm kind of getting a little worried!!! She still babbels baby talk, I try so hard to get her to say mama , dada and baba but I still get nothing. My son started talking around 10-12 months , I know all kids are different, but I'm just worried, everyone keeps telling me that she will when she is ready. She barely just learned how to walk like 3 weeks ago, and is still learning on the walking. So can anyone just give me some advice , should I be worried????? Thanks Bridget~

bmsoraghan

Asked by bmsoraghan at 11:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ( I thought you said walking at first....)
    TALKING-- some kids don't talk till they are 2 or 3 and there is nothihng wrong.

the main thing is that she communicates. tries to convey her needs/wishes and responds to your questions or promtings.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• and you could always try teaching her sign language along with words
    Kiter

• I agree...Some kids don't talk until they are 2. If she isn't specking at 2 1/2 I would start worrying and see a speech therapist to help her. Don't worry just yet. I would also start trying to get her to recognize things with words. Like if she wants her sippy, say sippy and put it in front of her eyes so she sees what you are referring to. or for yes and no while saying yes shake you head yes same for no. Just by her seeing something that is the word you are saying will help her start talking. she will copy you so the more you talk and show her stuff she will get it soon enough. good luck
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 12:28 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• my sister didn't talk because my brother did all the talking for her. so she had no need. he just told everyone what she wanted. idk if that's happening with your kids, but that's the only experience I've had with any of it.
    good luck
    emmetsmom09

Answer by emmetsmom09 at 1:07 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I would talk to her doctor. By 10 months most babies will use mama and dada to the proper parent. By 14 months, most have 2 additional words (byebye, cookie, etc).

She may just be taking her time or there may be an issue. If there is an issue, the sooner it's found, the better. Let your doctor tell you give her a check up and let him tell you she's fine.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:11 AM on Mar. 26, 2009