Has anyone had a rash caused by stress? How did you get rid of it?

We have a 4 yr old. I am a substitute. My husband is a security guard at night at a university. This means both of us have to find other employment for the summer. During the day he was working for a furniture store. They notified us late last year/ early this year that corporate was closing down several of the furniture stores, including his. March 12 was his last day. Funny thing is is at that time I developed a rash. It started on the arms, then spread 2 torso, chest and hands. I thought it might be because I was around some ill kids, but I didn't have a fever or throw up like them. Then I thought it was an allergic reaction. Cortisone & calomine were not working, it was getting worse. The Dr. couldn't figure it out but gave me a RX, he didn't know of the job changes, etc. It was suggested 2night that it could be stress, & now I agree. Anyone go through this and how did you get rid of the rash? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Health

• I also started breaking out with a rash back in Sept. just prior to leaving for vacation. Tried cortisone cream, calamine, then went to Dr. and got a shot of (oh hell can't remember the name), and nothing worked. I thought I might have developed an allergy to my detergent (which can happen even if you have used the same soap, detergent anything like for years you can develop an allergy at anytime), so I go buy new clothes on vacation that hadn't been washed with anything and the rash kept spreading. Finally called my MD back home and said, "Look, I am 1700 miles from home and I am dying here. Give me Prednisone and Atarax (I am a nurse). The Prednisone took care of it, but it has terrible side effects. Anyway, my mother is a major source of stress and to this day believe the rash was caused by knowing I was going to see her for the 1st time in 2years with my new husband (who she didn't like 27 years ago when we met).
    AuntGranmaStace

Answer by AuntGranmaStace at 11:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2009