ultrasound weight?

how accurate was the weight that you were told by ultrasound & the weight your baby was when he/she was born?

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• LOL I was told my son was already over 8 lbs at 36wks (which little did we know I would have him later that day) and he was born 7lbs 3 oz...
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 11:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• first trimester it is pretty accurate, after that it's usually off by up to 2 pounds either way.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 11:59 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• all they told me in ultra sounds was she is small and we might be off on the due date... she was 5 lbs 7 oz
    kristalee83

Answer by kristalee83 at 12:46 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I was told my daughter would between 7-8 lbs. She was 6 lbs 10 oz.
    But just the opposite happened with my BFF last week. They said 6 lbs and he was 8 lbs!
    I don't think they're very reliable!
    AriMicSun

Answer by AriMicSun at 1:02 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I was never told a weight, but the window is mostly 2 lbs. in either direction, though I have read some cases as much as 5lbs off. U/S for dating past the first trimester is highly inaccurate as well. It's a pretty overrated use of technology.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 1:38 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• The night before my DD was born, they told me she was 7 9. She was 6 8.
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 2:52 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• my doctor was pretty accurate acctually. she said she would be between 7 and 7.5 and she was 7 exactly.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 3:19 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I remember being told with my oldest that she would be a little over 8lbs. She was 7lbs 1oz.
    With my son I had an ultrasound the week before he was born to check size (I was huge) and told he would be about 8 1/2lbs. He was 9lbs 3oz.
    I didn't have ultrasounds late in my pregnancy with my other two (just 1 at around 24-26 weeks with each of them).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:51 AM on Mar. 26, 2009