What does the American Flag mean to you?

When I see the American Flag flying I get an amazing feeling of pride that is so strong it takes my breath away. I think of all the men who died for our flag and the soldiers that are willing to die for it today. To me it means honor, pride and courage. What does it mean to you?

Julia0331

Asked by Julia0331 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Julia I get that same feeling every time.I also think of those brave men whom without America would of never been no freedom,no oppurtunities,no American dream.
    We have many homes here who display the American flag and in the cities several enourmous sized flags wave in the air.I never get tired of seeing that because like I said every time I do my heart swells.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:01 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• The American Flag is the symbol of America. There is nothing that irks me more then to see a torn flag flying in the air. To me, the American Flag is the most beautiful sight flying in the air.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Pride. Patriotism. My hubby is in the Air Force, and I know so many people who have been in wars, they are amazing to me, the things they go through for this country and others. And when the national anthem plays, the emotions are 10 times stronger!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• It is the beautiful symbol of a place where millions of dreams, realized and in progress, live.
    So many people have given their precious lives for the ideals it represents.

People who don't respect it as such really get on my nerves.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• April no kidding the national Anthem whew it brings a sense of pride with tears lol it's beautiful
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:03 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Oh I can not hear the National Anthem without tearing up. It always makes my heart burst with pride. And I makes me so mad when people talk thru it. I think when they play the National Anthem you should shut up, men take off their hats off and put you hand over your heart.
    Julia0331

Answer by Julia0331 at 12:03 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Beauty, Pride, Heritage, AMERICA, LAND OF THE FREE!!!

Great Question!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• God bless America and especially Our Soldiers!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Our two year old son puts his hand on his chest and "says" the pledge of Allegiance.

I start it out and he adds the last word,

I pledge allegiance to the (he says flag)
    of the United States of (he struggles to say America)
    and to the Republic for which it (he says stands)

well, you get the idea.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:11 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• timelessglass - That is so sweet.
    Julia0331

Answer by Julia0331 at 12:14 AM on Mar. 26, 2009