Hey All I'm 17 weeks 5 Days along today, and well as i was laying in bed I could have SWORN i felt the baby kick, not the flutter weird feeling, but like an actual pushing up on my stomach, is it the baby?

i really couldnt believe it, and I am still really skeptical, I am just curious as to if it was the baby? I'm a tiny girl b4 i got pregnant i weighed 86 pounds if that helps haha. Plus, is there anything I can do to make it move more? Sugar and everything doesnt really seem to work, and I am getting impatient and nervous, so many friends keep telling me they have been feeling theirs since they were 16 weeks and they seem so much bigger than I am, makes me nervous.... thanks from a first time mom.

kduffy

Asked by kduffy at 11:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yep, It probably was the baby hon. And honestly 17 weeks is considered on the earlier side of being able to feel the baby move. So please don't worry that you should be feeling it earlier or more at this time. With you being so tiny, that's why you're probably able to feel the baby already. I never felt my little guy until I was probably 21-23 weeks. (I'm on the heavier side). Don't go eating a bunch of sugary stuff either, that's not too good for the baby, keep eating healthy. As your pregnancy progresses, you'll feel more and more kicks and nudges. Some of them will be downright uncomfortable.

Just because someone looks bigger than you are at around the same gestation doesn't mean anything at all. We all carry the baby differently. If someone has had a baby before, they might show way more with the second or 3rd one.

Try not to stress and just enjoy it. Hugs!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 11:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• You sound like me with my son. First time mom too! I think I was about 16 weeks when i felt him move and I wasn't sure. Sounds like baby to me though.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 11:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• It was probably your baby! Babies can be stubborn but to get the baby to move more try pushing lightly on your stomach and holding for a minute in different parts of your stomach and you'll probably get a little push back. DO NOT worry if you dont feel him for a while though I felt my baby move about twice a week for a few weeks until she moved enough for me to feel her regularly.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 12:12 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I felt flutters at 14 weeks and kicks at 18 so yes, its possible...especially if it not your first pregnancy.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 12:12 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Definitly! I felt my son roll over at 18 weeks it was crazy!!
    Jacemommy31506

Answer by Jacemommy31506 at 12:30 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I didn't feel mine for sure until around 20 weeks... but I'm chunky. idk how much of a difference that makes.

to make it move more chug ice cold water. that drives mine nuts. lol.
    oh and I was way flat bellied til about two weeks ago (I'm 31wks now). He sprouted out over night. so it jut depends on your body.
    emmetsmom09

Answer by emmetsmom09 at 12:51 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Sounds like you're feeling your baby, especially as little as you are. I wasn't as little as you when I got pregnant, but I started feeling this baby at around 18 weeks, good kicks at around 20, but like I said, I was nowhere near as small as you. And congrats on being a first time mom!
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 2:27 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Thank You guys, you helped my fears a little :) I guess i'm just totally nervous cuz I dont knwo what to expect but thankfully for you guys i have a better idea now, I'm just anxious and want to feel it kick, feeling it the other night was amazing and I didnt want it to stop haha. I'm just a worrier, my boyfriend tells me not to worry all the time, thanks everyone.!
    kduffy

Answer by kduffy at 11:37 AM on Mar. 26, 2009