How do you rejuvenate your favorite mascara?

I have a tube of mascara that I love. It is only 3 months old (I throw everything out at 6 months and buy new make-up due to an issue months ago with bacteria in the concealer) How do you refresh it like new? Or should I just hang it up and buy a new tube?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• your supposed to hang it up and buy a new tube hun, you could TRY to add water or something but I was always taught if it needs to be doctored up it needs to be thrown out
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I've heard to add water by the drop until it's the right consistency. Or olive oil, but I'm not sure about that.
    I've also read you can store it in your fridge to make it last longer.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• you're supposed to toss mascara at three months, or you could be in for an eye infection.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:16 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Use only saline solution, like what you use for cleaning contact lenses. Not water which can have bacteria in it. The new lash lenghtening/volumizing mascaras DO dry out quicker and can be rejuvinated, just use sterile water. If they are less than 6 months old, they are safe to rejuvinate.
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 1:28 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Throw it away and buy a new one. Nothing you do will make it like it was before and 3 months is long enough to have it. Anything beyond that you could be asking for an eye infection.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 9:55 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• mary kay ultimate mascara does not get clumpy or dry until you are done with it. to try a free sample pm me with your mailing info or to order it at 25% off since it's your first order pm me it's noramally 15$
    mommy492006

Answer by mommy492006 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• You can soak it in a cup of hot water & then shake it well. I usually just buy a new one. I love new mascara! It makes me happy.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Hey, ladies. This is the OP. I tried the soaking the tube in hot water and it worked! Thank you so much for the advice, ladies! I also bought another tube for when the old one finally dies on me. I'm only rejuvinating the tube once as I am aware of the risk of bacterial infection.

BTW, Mommy492006, I have considered the Mary Kay make-up so I will most likely get in contact with you about it! Thanks again!!
    Anonymous