cranberry juice?

can you drink to much?

I am trying to kick a UTI and i'm taking my meds and drinking mostly cran-grape juice.

I just wanted to see if its possible to drink to much? haha sounds silly. But you never know!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The cran-grape juice, unless the number one ingredient is cranberry is too watered down. Look for a juice with cranberry as #1 ingredient.

I don't think you can drink too much. Pee too much, probably, though! ;-)
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:17 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I have never heard of cran grape juice poisoning. Carrot juice is another story.

Check out the label on your juice though. You might find you are drinking something closer to fruit punch which wouldn't have quite as much benefits as some pure, sour cranberry juice.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:18 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• its sugar free pure cran-grape juice. the number one ingredient is cranberry. its still pretty bitter. when its cold is easy to drink. otherwise my stomach hurts. lol

has anyone else gotten a UTI from not having sex in so long and then you do it once, and the next day your hurtin?? lol sorry tmi

thats my story. . blah. . .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I used to get them every time I had sex bc I went so long in between.
    It helps to pee afterwards. if you can.
    emmetsmom09

Answer by emmetsmom09 at 12:41 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• No Cran-grape, it has to be pure cranberry juice and clear liquids.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:43 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• it can't be cran grape..i love cran grape and Hate cranberry, but when it comes to the uti, straight cranberry is what does it.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:52 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Well I drink it ALOT because I love the taste. I just put cranberries on my page background, lol. But if your stomach hurts I would hold off. You dont have to drink a whole pitcher to make it work! A couple glasses of day should do it.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:52 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• A nurse once told me that you can miss 100% cranberry with gingerale. It helps with UTI and it takes the bitter taste from the cranberry juice. I don't think you can OD on it, since I drank gallons of the stuff!
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 12:53 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I believe there are cranberry pills in the vitamins section that have the same effects as liquid cranberries.
    I wish you well. My poor daughter has had 2 UTI's since giving birth 7 weeks ago and she's still in pain.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:50 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Cranberry juice does have a chemical that might cause kidney stones if you are prone to them. I am prone to kidney stones and it's on the list of things for me to avoid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:22 AM on Mar. 26, 2009