WHAT SHOULD I DO

MY SONS FATHER AND I BROKE UP WHEN I WAS 5MO PREGNANT. HE WANTS TO TAKE THE BABY OVER TO HIS PARENTS BUT HE WONT LET ME MEET THEM DO I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE TO ALLOW HIM TO TAKE HIM ? HES NEVER EVEN SPENT ANY TIME WITH OUR SON AWAY FROM MY HOUSE. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHO MY CHILD IS GOING TO BE AROUND I TOLD HIM THAT HE COULD BRING THEM TO MY HOUSE FOR DINNER BUT HE SAID THAT THEY DONT WANT TO MEET ME

liadotwtd

Asked by liadotwtd at 12:16 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• yeah u do< u need to know what kind of people ur child is around. dont let him take ur baby without meeting his parents
    baby-cakes

Answer by baby-cakes at 12:19 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Dont. I felt that I *had* to be nice and let my son go to his paternal grandmother's house...he came with a shaven head at 4 months old!! If you dont feel comfortable doing it then dont. Now I will NOT let my son go to his grandmother's/father's house without me.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 12:20 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• You don't have to let him go anywhere you aren't comfortable about, and you certainly don't have to let him go alone, if you don't feel right about letting him go then don't do it, gut feelings are there for a reason, besides, it kind of sounds fishy that they want to have him over there without you, if they don't want to meet you then they don't need to meet your son.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 12:29 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• i agree it sounds fishy.....i would never let my baby go anywhere without me....its your choice dont let your ex push you in to doing things that you do not like or agree with cuz in the end you and your baby will be the ones paying the price
    tearsofblood

Answer by tearsofblood at 1:01 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• If the father has no visitation established through the court he is not entitled to any, but as the mom you can allow him visits. However if you let him take the child you would be hard pressed to control where he goes, but you can refuse to let him take the child any more. If visitation has been established he can take his child where ever he wants to unless it is not safe, which goes equally for both parents. This is Michigan rules
    gammiej

Answer by gammiej at 1:06 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• ebcourage him to get court ordered visitation. then u will have some say and a paper to back it up. i vant imagine allowing my child to go with someone and not know where they were taking him or if they would return. who knows wahat he has planed. does he pay child support. if noit get that started too. he should b suporting his child.
    y dont they want to meet the mother of their grand child. u dont need to allow him to go unless he has visitation via a court order. if u start this u will iopen the door for so many more problems. i would assure that he gets the court order and that u get some child support first. gl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I agree with the others, you have every right to meet the people that will soon be influencing your child's life. I wouldnt allow it until you have met them and see what kind of people ur son is going to be around
    chichiz-momii

Answer by chichiz-momii at 1:27 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• we have talked about child support but his wife doesnt work so fianancially he cant afford to pay.
    i haven't takin him to court because im affraid that he'll disapear like he did when i was pregnant and i want my son to know his father my other fear is he'll do the exact oppisite and try to get custody he used to make comments about how sad he thought it was that our son doesn't have a traditional family. his wife and him come over every tuesday about noon and normally stay thru dinner i have yet to allow them to take him anywhere because i dont like the idea of sending him while he still cant tell me what happens maybe im just being overprotective
    liadotwtd

Answer by liadotwtd at 2:55 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• NOT TRUE gammie - a father has every right to see his child, just because your the mommy doesn't mean you have all rights.....

OP- I would want to meet the parents first too, I hear you on that, but you do need to take action and make things work for you and the dad. The child has 2 parents, and should be able to be with both of them.
    MrsG423

Answer by MrsG423 at 9:55 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Well it sounds like he is not very invovled in YOUR child life?! You tell him either you go along or they come to your house or they can miss out on there grandchilds life. Your the one that has to deal with the aftermath. If they really want to meet there grandchild then they will allow you to be there as will. Don't let your gaurd down your doing a great job!!!! His father and parents are the ones that are missing out... KEEP YOUR HEAD HELD HIGH!!!!!
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:25 AM on Mar. 26, 2009