My daughter stood up!!!

she's 8 months old. she stood up by herself but still isnt crawling, shes on her hands and knees and rocking but not crawling. when your LO start all this????

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 12:46 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Dd just started crawling today at 6 months and has not stood up. All babies are different but I'm guessing it will be soon. My daughter will ONLY crawl when there is something in front of her to crawl to so try placing a toy in front of her about a foot away.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:47 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My DD started crawling at 8 months , pulling herself up at 9 months and now she is letting go and moving from thing to thing... still holding on with one hand. Do you mean she pulled herself up or actualy stood up with out anything
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• pulled herself up on the couch then let go. she stood there for a good min and half. then went to take a step and fell lol
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 12:55 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My daughter is 7 months and is trying to the same thing. She has been able to be in the crawling position for over a month now, rocks back and forth but falls on her tummy. She'll scoot and pivit to where she wants to go. She gets on her hands and pushes up with her feet sticking her booty in the air. She pulls her self up on stuff. It's like she wants to skip crawling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• anon 11:56 ---- alyssa does the same thing, she does a hand stand alot lol
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 12:57 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• my son crawled at 6 months walked at 10 months... my daughter crawled at 5 months walked at 8 and a half months .
    MalachisMommy06

Answer by MalachisMommy06 at 1:02 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My daughter is now almost 9 months. She started crawling at 6 months but started the whole rocking thing at about 5 months. She walks holding onto something (like the couch) or while pushing her walking toy. She just stood up unassisted, so I am hoping she will start to walk soon by herself.
    AudreysMommy798

Answer by AudreysMommy798 at 1:07 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My daughter tries to stand up on her own (without the couch or anything) but she does this really funny thing where she gets her legs straight and her butt up in the air, but her head stays on the floor, lol. She even waves her arms around! She is so silly! We call her our silly billie :) she started crawling at 8 months, and is now 12 months and took her first 3 steps today!
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 1:12 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My 7 month old can now pull himself up and stand in his crib. Freakin' scared the crap outta me the first time I saw it last week. He can scoot to wherever he wants to go but it's fully "crawling" yet. He just pulls his arms and drags the rest of him along lol. He can't sit up all the way straight by himself yet either, but he can pull himself up to stand. No idea why! I think it's normal since all babies to everything at different times. There is no correct order in which to hit milestones.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:51 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My dd started to "scoot" crawl at 3 1/2 months- I swear! I left her playing on the floor on her tummy for literally like two minutes while I went to change the laundry and when I came back she had scooted herself like four feet! I was terrified because she had gotten almost all the way underneath our futon. She sat up by herself, even from her stomach, at 5 1/2 months. 5 days before she was 6 months old, I heard her awake and when I went in her room, she was standing up in her crib! And about 2 weeks after that she was consistently pulling herself up onto things. At 7 months, she was standing by herself and walking while holding onto things. At 8 months, she began taking 1 or 2 steps, and at 9 months she got up to 10, 11, 12, and so on steps. She's 9 1/2 months now, and she doesn't crawl at all anymore- she walks everywhere! She can even stop mid walk, pick up a toy and keep going.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Mar. 26, 2009