9 1/2month old very sick!

My daughter gets colds alot,probly about every 5 weeks, they last about a week, although this time she has a cold so bad, she will not eat anything solid, only milk, she cant breath out of her nose, and she sounds like a goose when she coughs, and has a very rough voice lately, shes been having a fever of 100.5 for about 2 days, on and off, weve been giving her tylenol. all she wants to do is lay on my chest and like hum for hours, then eats (she is nursed) and then falls asleep in bed with me, all day, as soon as i get up she wakes so she doesnt get much sleep, i dont wanna stay in bed all day of coarse, we have been using a humidifer, and giver her johnsons vapor bath's to help her, her nose is running all day, eyes red and puffy like she was crying, but hasent been. i cant get her into doctor for about 4 days, but dont know what else to do, its breaking my heart! any advice to help her?

kyliebugs_mommy

Asked by kyliebugs_mommy at 12:58 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Health

• 100.5 is not a fever, it's considered an elevated temperature. If she is eating milk then that is fine. The doctor unfortunately won't do much. They will probably just give you a breathing treatment and call it bronchilitis.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• maybe she has an ear infection. she might just have low immune system, my 2nd child is like that, she always gets sick, my doctor told me that somekids are just like that. my kids will pray for her tonight and hope she'll feel better in the morning
    baby-cakes

Answer by baby-cakes at 1:05 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• It sound like it could be croup, my son got it at 8 months, and it was just like that, it was awful and it took him about 3 or 4 weeks to get over it totally, the doctor just had me give him tynol for the pain and do heat and cold humidifers all night every hour i would switch from his hot humidifirer to his cold, it is hard to see them so missrable, this too will pass. good luck
    mandyjh

Answer by mandyjh at 1:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2009