How old did you start your LO on whole milk?

My DD is 10 months and I would like to start her on whole milk. I have a dr appt coming up so I will check with her first, but I just wanted to see when you guys made the transition

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son was 11 months and my daughter was 12 months. My grandma said she was feeding her kids whole milk at 8 and 9 months, so i guess it depends on how well your baby handles it.
    BTW... IM pregnant again!!! (sorry, but im way excited)
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 1:08 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Babies should not be moved to whole milk until 12 months. That's when I did it.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:05 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• i stared giving my kids whol milk when they turned 11 1/2 months but i would do 1/2 and 1/2, whole milk is really strong on their bellys so be crefull cuz it will make it hard for them to poop, and that can be very painfull for ur little one
    baby-cakes

Answer by baby-cakes at 1:10 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I statrted it at 10 months 4 oz forumal and 2 oz of whole milk this is what my docotr told me to do to help the transfer go smother
    lovingmomof_2

Answer by lovingmomof_2 at 1:21 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• 11 months
    MeeShell420

Answer by MeeShell420 at 1:37 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• After a year. I would never give whole milk before then. We still don't do much whole milk in the house. She gets plenty of calcium from other sources.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:17 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• At 9 months under the guidance of our pediatrician. I'd not have done it that early, but they were getting all of their nutrition from a balanced, varied diet of table foods. He said there was no need for the formula any longer, we have no family history of food allergies and they had shown no food sensitivities (at that time....we found out later that one of our sons have a sensitivity to citrus, but that was after a year)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:37 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• 8 months.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2009