How much do you pay a babysitter per hour?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Money & Work

• I have the luck of my 15 year old sister who will watch them if I need her. I pay 75 dollars a week. It seems cheap to me, but like this week the weather has kept me home and my mother still thinks I should pay her!
    Katie911

Answer by Katie911 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• When we have a sitter come to the house for our 5 kids, it's typically a friend of the family or my sister and I pay $25 for 3 hours.

*IF* you are babysitting to bring income into your home- it will depend on your area. I did last year and charged $25 a day for an 8.5 hour day. If its just a night out on the town or something that where the income isnt residual, charge more. Like, $25 for the evening. (We leave in an area where the cost of living is low so thats what going rate is around here)
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Depends on the age and experience. I currently pay my 15 year old sitter $5 a hour. SHe will be getting a raise though. Im currently looking for a sitter while I work and im looking to pay around $8-10 a hour.
    Anonymous