Baby food.

Is she supposed to eat the whole jar (step one)?

What do I do with the rest? How long is it good for? Does it only last as long as formula (couple hours)?

DeathBat

Asked by DeathBat at 1:20 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She'll eat as much as she wants. Don't force her. You can store the rest in the fridge. It last for up to 3 days. I mix my leftovers with rice cereal... heat the cereal then put the cold baby food in.. helps to keep the temp from going too high.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:35 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• it should be use by the next 2 days and when they first start eating they usally dont finish it, but soon will. f.y.i. studyies show that if until ur baby is 6m and up, it lowers the risk of ur baby having food allergies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• its also a good idea to just put a little bit at a time in a separate bowl b/c you really shouldn't put the jar after been eaten out of back in the fridge...it's just breeding bacteria.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:51 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• ohh ok. i usually add water to it and put it in a bottle. make some juice so i don't waste it. but now i know! and to 'anonymous' my daughter is 6 months.
    DeathBat

Answer by DeathBat at 1:53 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Putting babyfood in the bottle can be a choking hazard, and it can lead to obesity later in life because it doesn't teach your baby to eat when hungry and stop when full. Please stop putting it in the bottle and feed her with a bowl and spoon. At 6mos. she is the perfect age to learn to eat from the spoon too. As a previous poster said, just put a small amount in the bowl and then you can refridgerate the rest for 2-3 days (it should say how long on the jar).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• it literally turns into liquid. i'm watching her when i feed her, therefor i think it's ok. i know people don't like my parenting but it's my baby. and the obesity is false. biggest bologna i've ever heard.
    DeathBat

Answer by DeathBat at 12:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• you might not believe the obesity thing however it is a choking hazard and it you being lazy by putting it in her bottle and not feeding her with a spoon.
    Anonymous

• uh, i do feed her with a spoon. i didn't know what to do with the leftovers and i don't have much money to stretch by wasting!!!!!!!! why don't you stop being anonymous?!
    DeathBat

Answer by DeathBat at 1:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• They also say putting rice cereal is a choking hazard when put in a bottle. If it was that much of a hazard then dr's wouldnt recommend it for acid reflux. My son has had rice cereal in his bottles since he was 4 days old, his dr told me to start it so I did. I understand if u make it too thick it can be a hazard but a little at a time shouldnt hurt. Its your baby do what u feel is best.
    amygirl23

Answer by amygirl23 at 8:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2009