IRRATIONAL FEAR!

So my finace works at a bar and his shift is 10pm-4am. I am home alone but usually sleeping at this time. I'm 34 weeks prego with twins and for some reason the past couple weeks I have some huge fear that someone is going to break in and kill me or something totally outrageous like that! We live in very nice town homes in the best part of town and have gated entry and you have to have a code to get into the building. I don't know why I am like this I am going crazy! Lol. Did any other pregos have crazy, out there fears like this? If so, tell me about them! I need some entertainment haha

twinmommy2009

Asked by twinmommy2009 at 1:26 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm not pregnant, but I do this whenever my hubby deploys. We just moved in December, and he went out to sea a week after we got to our new base. It was my first time living in an apartment setting, and every time the neighbors above us opened a door, flushed the toilet, etc. I would jump like three feet. For some reason it was the toilet flushing that made me jump the most, I don't know what I was thinking... maybe the murderer in my house was using the toilet first...?
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:30 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• You don't need a code to jump the fence. Get an alarm.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I have been alone for years and if you see my new question I should be afraid...very afraid. I sleep with a knife in my nightstand, lol I told this joke before. I also have a vibrator in my nightstand, I only hope if someone breaks in I don't vibrate him to death.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:40 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Our building is secured you have to have a code to even get into the building. Toriandgrace..I laughed at your post!
    twinmommy2009

Answer by twinmommy2009 at 1:41 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Tori that is too funny! When my house settles at night in the summer, I have convinced myself that someone wants to steal my 15 year old T.V. and used microwave by climbing on te roof and getting in through the skylight.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:49 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I absolutely loathe frogs, toads and all their relatives!! I will not be in a room where one was spotted. This morning i saw one in the kitchen. My husband who ussually though grudgingly removes these hideous creatures for me when i spot one flatly refused to do so today!!. Okay so it was at 4am in the morning( i start work at 5am) but still he is MY HUSBAND and should have gotten rid of it. I ended up leaving without my morning coffee and my sandwiches. Anyway he wont be having sandwiches either coz he can't make them himself as i ussually make for him when i do mine.Those things scare me to death!!
    maimutsa

Answer by maimutsa at 1:54 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Haha so maybe its all women? I get so bored some times when my finace is gone that I watch Paranormal State and Ghost Hunters. So while I'm scared of someone killing me I'm also convinced that there are ghosts in our house. I swear there are
    twinmommy2009

Answer by twinmommy2009 at 1:55 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I was afraid during my third pregnancy, too. But that was only after our neighbor had been raped and repeatedly stabbed. Poor lady came banging on our door for help after it had happened. The guy had lifted the sliding glass door from its track and walked right in. Being on the ground floor I was so paranoid that I sat for nights in a chair in front of our sliding glass door with a baseball bat and jumped at every little sound.
    Even now, in our own house, when I am home alone, I check every window and door multiple times on the first floor to be sure they are locked tight before going upstairs. I also know my dog will bark at the first noise of someone in our yard.
    Is it too late for you to get a small dog? You can adopt one that is already trained and past the chewing stage.
    Congrats on your upcoming twins! I know you will be so busy once they arrive. Bless you.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:40 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• maimutsa...My gf is petrified of frogs too but Im sorry there is no way in hell I would get up at 4am to remove the dang thing from where-ever it is. and Im sorry if you think that just cause he is your husband its his job to do this for you is rediculas!! oh and another thing do you really think he cant make a sandwich by himself?? what is soooo hard about putting meat between 2 peices of bread, do you use some sort of secret formula that I dont know about??
    as for the fears, I think everyone has them...and when your prego your sense for danger is hightened to protect both you and your babies..I say do what you feel you need to do to feel safe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Mar. 26, 2009