teeth brushing problem.. AGAIN!

i had trouble with my son and brushing his teeth. then i tried brushing my teeth with him and it worked for like 2 months. and now he doesn't want to do it anymore. i even got him a toothbrush that plays music! (he's scared of the vibrating ones) his excuse everytime now is "me tired", so i have to literally sit there and say were not leaving the bathroom until he brushes his teeth. then he starts crying and i brush them real quick like that. ahhh i need help!

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 1:46 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You need to brush them at his age. He is not old enough to do a good job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• yeah he won't let me do that either.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 1:52 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Well if he's "too tired" maybe you should just say Okay, we'll brush them in your bed! And let him lay down, brush real quick and let him spit into a cup.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:37 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Kids go through times when they want to do something and the next day for no reason...they don't want to. Sometimes just a new toothbrush or something different to get him interested again. There are also some cute books about teeth brushing that might be good to read before he goest to bed and then after the story...tell him it's time that he brushes his teeth just like the character in the book did! Here are some cute books which might speak to him in a way he can understand  http://astore.amazon.com/wwwcjkidzcom3-20?node=11&page=1 

momjs

Answer by momjs at 3:35 AM on Mar. 26, 2009