What is the best way to get rid of cardle cap?

My daughter breaks out in a rash from baby oil on her head and I have cradle cap care stuff and none of it works. It will go away for a week and the come back full blown....HELP

rowdy24

Asked by rowdy24 at 2:38 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 2 (-1 Credits)
  • My son had cradle cap really bad, so I searched the internet after many attempts with cradle cap products failed. I read to put vaseline on their scalp, let it sit for 30 minutes then comb their hair with a comb and then bath them. We tried it and his cradle cap is gone! It's kind of messy with vaseline in the hair, but it worked wonderfully. Just make sure to comb it and wash it really good! Good luck!!
    zeus926

Answer by zeus926 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• The make this one thing my Aunt found for me called baby no more crandle cap it works incredibly well I love it.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:43 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• ive read that oyu shouldnt use baby oil on a babies head especially if they have cradle cap, it makes it worse.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:09 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My daughter got it really bad a couple times it seemed like, we used baby oil, after her bath, got a bath about once a day, and brused her hair every chance i could get, luckily it was soothing to her, it was messy to brush it, but it cleared up in about 3 days. some people told me to try olive oil, or if they dont have alot of hair a little eucerine aquphor ointment. i didnt try them, but they swore by them, my daughter has really dry ankles now, and we use the eucerine stuff, it works good for that, so i would think it would work good for cradle cap, although it is like a neosporine texture, so u probly dont wanna use it if they have alot of hair. id try brusing alot.
    kyliebugs_mommy

Answer by kyliebugs_mommy at 4:48 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My grandma used baby lotion on my kids. I was scared I didnt want to hurt their little heads. We did it after bath time while their hair was still damp and used a baby comb and would just come their hair until most if it was gone. Good luck.
    AmericanChild82

Answer by AmericanChild82 at 7:25 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I gently brushed my baby's hair after a bath - using a circular motion. I've heard Aquafor works wonders as well! Good luck.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 8:28 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My sons doctor told us after a bath to put Triple Ointment on his head, even the stuff from the dollar store works, and then put a layer of Vaseline on top of that. It cleared up my sons cradle cap in less than a month. It's kind of gross feeling in their hair but it works.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 9:01 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Believe it or not my daughter has bad yeast infections on her butt, as well as cradle cap and very senstive skin. Her doctor told me to get a gentle bath soap, so I got (johnsons vanilla & oatmeal bath time) It works great her butt is cleared up and cradle cap is almost gone i saw a differents in two tubbies. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:38 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• i did the baby oil trick and it worked, only had to do it once, but seeing as how your baby is sensitive to baby oil I have also read in one of the baby books that you can use dandruff shampoo to clear it up.
    beck_9808

Answer by beck_9808 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2009