HOW CAN I GET MY 2 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER TO SLEEP VERY BY 9PM AT LEAST?

I TRIED BATHS, MAKING SURE SHES FEED , GIVE HER WARM BOTTLES AND ALSO I LET HER PLAY ALL DAY SO SHE CN BE TIRED AT NIGHT. I MEAN IVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE SHE ACTUALLY GETS EXTRA HYPER AT NIGHT AND SHE NEVER SEEMS TIRED. I ALSO TRIED LAYING IN BED WITH HER AND PRETEND LIKE IM SLEEPING SO SHE CAN. BUT NOTHING. SHE ENDS UP FALLING AT SLEEP LIKE AT 2 OR 3 AM. I ALSO WORK AND I NEED HELP? PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO?

MOMMYSTATUS07

Asked by MOMMYSTATUS07 at 2:42 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• There is not to much I've found my kid is still up. If you get some good advice though could you PLEASE let me know I'm dying
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:45 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• a two year old should not still be on a bottle
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I MEANT SIPPY CUP!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I wake my lil boy up at 7 and he plays all day and then eats dinner around 5 then plays until about 7 and we give him a bath, read him a story give him a sippy and he is out at lke 8:30 we dont give him naps they only make him cranky. Hope this helps
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I would try getting him/her up earlier in the morning. then having a full day. do you nap??? we dont and he is usualy out by 7:30 or 8, after a bath and a sippy cup of milk. he had gotten to where he will even go get in his own bed when he gets tired
    momdallas

Answer by momdallas at 4:30 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• With my kids I wear them out during the afternoon after school. We play, run, jump, bounce anything that will exert energy. We eat dinner about 6 and bath and jammies are done by 8. They are up until about 9 but I give them a time line. I tell them they have 1 hour until bed, 30 minutes until bed, 15 minutes they pick a book we lay down and I'd read until about 850 or so then its lights out. No naps are important at that age. You may even try getting him up earlier and going to bed earlier that way he will be asleep by 9. Just an idea though.
    AmericanChild82

Answer by AmericanChild82 at 7:03 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My son did the same thing. The only thing that worked for me was getting him up at 530am every morning. I would not let him go back to sleep. I turned every light on in the house. If he asked for something to drink he only got cold juice or water. I always made a sippy cup the night before and put it in the fridge so it was really cold including the cup. I worked as well, thankfully my daycare was very helpful in not letting him go back to sleep. After a couple days she would let him take a morning nap around 10am but he was in the same room as everyone else and it only lasted 30 mins. I wont lie it took about 4-5 days before a routine started. Once started he did well. Good luck!
    elcam71

Answer by elcam71 at 10:02 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• She is overtired. You say you make certain she gets tired in the day. You say she seems extra hyper at night and never seems to get tired. Those are all signs of an extremely overtired child. Her body is flooded with adrenaline and she CAN'T relax and sleep until she literally crashes. Then her sleep is broken and not very restful - which means she starts the next day already tired. The old wives tale of dropping the naps and getting a kid exhausted so she'll sleep is just that - an old wives tale.

What to do? Keep an eye on the clock. What time does her "hyper" behavior start? That time is too late - she's already reached overtired and won't sleep until she crashes. Try aiming for a half hour earlier the next night. Too little sleep in the toddler years has been linked to behavior and school problems in grade school. She needs the sleep, it's more important than dinner with the family or extra playtime.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 26, 2009