is it normal for me to be really thirst during pregnancy?

i just feel like i cant get enough to drink......

going2beamommy

Asked by going2beamommy at 3:03 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That could be an early sign of Gestational Diabetes.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:05 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• you may be dehydrated.. just drink lots of water when you need it. there were some days during my pregnancy wher ei just could NOT get enough iced cold water.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:05 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• LOL i don't mean to laugh but my doctor said it was normal because i couldn't get enough to drink when i was pregnant with my son. Good luck!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 3:06 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• it could be gestational diabetes, but if your tests have come out fine it could just be pregnancy. Thats my issue. MY GTT came out normal. But I've been congested most of the pregnancy leading me to breathe through my mouth more (particularly at night) so I am ALWAYS thirsty.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 3:31 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• IM always thirsty i usally try to drink really cold water and it helps or like gatorade or vitiam water
    dlepasti

Answer by dlepasti at 4:07 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I too am getting thirsty alot, am mainly wanting water but am drinking quite alot of fruit juice aswell, not good by the end of the day cos I often feel very bloated by then & think some of it is retention. Saw loads of mums to be going through the same thing at : http://my.bounty.com/Forums/TreeLeaves.asp?btythdid=1798534&btySubid=133
    Bounty2009

Answer by Bounty2009 at 8:27 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I would think it's normal b/c I too get very thirsty and plus you need to drink to build up the amnionic fluid for baby. Make sure you drink enough water but not too much :0) take care!
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 12:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2009