How can I get my 9 m onth old to sleep longer????

I have a 9 month old baby girl and she wakes up about every hour or sometime half hour throuought the night. She will sleep in her crib for part of the night but then i stick her in bed with me the rest of the night. She is breastfed and i'm trying to feed her cereal and then nurse her before she goes to bed really well. I tried the CIO method for 3 nights but that didn't seem to be working to well because she would cry for about an hour and then even wake up 30 min after that for the rest of the night. She would wake up and i would let her CIO for ten min. and she would be back asleep, but then cry for 2 hours off and on falling in and out of sleep, so I just decided to give up on that because she was so exsausted and tired. So now I decided to move her crib right next to my bed so i can maybe soothe her to sleep tricking her that shes right next to me.Is this a bad idea or does anyone have any tips to get her to sleep longer

annamichelle608

Asked by annamichelle608 at 3:54 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it was working her being in the other room you just had to work it then go back to that. My son was breastfed and being near me drove him batty for boobie. When he was away from boobie it seemed to do so much better. But he coslept so it was impossible to get him away from us. GL with the crib thing...if you are comfortable with it I would suggest co sleeping the whole night. Giving her oatmeal or cereal before bed is wonderful it will keep her belly fuller longer.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:38 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Girl i know exactly what ur goin threw, i made my fiance blow up an airbed in her room(to avoid takin down the crib) and tried that too, my 9month old is the same EXACT way, for us, she was teething for a while, so check that if havent, this may sound weird, but i slept with my daughter blanket for a night, then gave it to her the next night, it REALLY helped, almost slept 6hrs! also, lights, some kids dont like the dark, and some like constant sound, so we have little rope lights in her room, and have a little desk fountain in there, for the white noise, try a little fuzzy stuffed animal. if none of those work, we sometimes rock her in car seat, then lay her down, she likes to sit up sometimes. hope it works 4 ya, i know how hard it is! i have lots of other tips2 that help, so feel free to e-mail me if u want nemore. Good Luck Momma!
    kyliebugs_mommy

Answer by kyliebugs_mommy at 4:41 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• for got to mention im nursing still too, and we give our daughter snacks b4bed like cheerios and apples, finger foods, she snacks for a couple hours b4 bed, she never ate baby cereals, but the more solid snacks seem to help her out more, we even give her baby cheetos and puffs or teething cookies. so go for the finger foods in my opnion!
    kyliebugs_mommy

Answer by kyliebugs_mommy at 4:43 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I would maybe try to put her in another room but my husband and live at my parents right now and her crib has to stay in our room because there is really anywhere else to put it. And I would have no problem sleeping with her all night but it's just so uncomfortable for me because i can't have her sleep inbetween my husband and I because he would most likely roll on her, so i have to stay on one side all the time, and it's so uncomfortable.
    annamichelle608

Answer by annamichelle608 at 4:53 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I think I will try the sleeping with the blanket thing thank you and it's nice to know that there is someone out there that has the same problems as me, also right now i have a white noise machine and a little light so hopefully the blanket think works i also read somewhere to put a breast pad in the crib with them, who knows that might work just as well for breastfed babies. but I will for sure e-mail you with any questions. Thanks for the info

annamichelle608

Answer by annamichelle608 at 4:58 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Give her the shirt off your back litterally. When you put her to bed change your shirt and give her the one you wore that day. Worked for a g/f of mine.
    AmericanChild82

Answer by AmericanChild82 at 7:29 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• One other thing. Have her checked for acid reflux. My son use to have it and it would cause him to wake up a lot and until I brought it up to the dr we had no idea. Good luck momma
    AmericanChild82

Answer by AmericanChild82 at 7:31 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My 8 month started to do this waking every other hour when she had regularly been sleeping through the night and putting my t-shirt from that day (I know, I thought it was smelly but apparently she didn't) in the crib with her worked very well. I would lay it down, put her on her tummy and she would mush her face into it. The other thing I have been doing is trying to wake once or twice a night even when she hasn't, and put her blankets back on her and make sure she is comfy. I think part of her waking was a temperature thing and, like me, she likes to be cuddled up in blankets. Good luck!
    Anonymous