Pregnancy Question

I just recently took a home pregnancy test and it showed I was not pregnant but my period is late the last time I had a period was on Febraury 22-29.I was just wondering if it is to early to take a test are do I need to wait a few weeks are so.And it was also a Dollar store pregnancy test does trhat have anything to do with it.

cjray77

Asked by cjray77 at 6:47 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i think wait another week and test again... it all depends on your body hun... and no the dollar store test will not make a difference... it works just as well as the rest!!!!
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 8:03 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My period was on the same date last February... Yesterday I took a home pregnancy test and both were positivie!! Just depends on your cycle mine is usually every thirty days.. So I say go ahead and test.. get like a box with two test...that way if one doesn't read right..you got the other one to use and you wont have to make another special trip to the store ;) Good luck!!.. if you are pregnant..WOW we should have around the same due date :) I am going in this morning for blood work to confirm!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Sometimes we stress our bodies out when we are TTC... if you didn't get a positive..more then likely now you will prolly start..your body should ease up a bit.. but if you don't..just retest in a few days I was four days late one time.. took a test said neg.. then I started that day! I think stress play a MAJOR role in it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Grats on being preggers anon! I think I am preggers, but I wont know untill I see if I miss my period wich shouldnt be for another couple of weeks. I think I am, but not sure. Lets hope so!! Wish me luck.

And as for the question. I think you should just go in and get a blood test to see. From the day you conceive your hormones double every day for the first i think it was a week, I'll call my dr and ask. But if you are it would be able to show up by now. Good luck!
    mommy20081

Answer by mommy20081 at 8:57 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My AF was due around the same time & I'm going to test this weekend. Did the early test thing & it was neg, going to give hormones a chance to build up. Good luck & baby dust to both of us!!!
    txgrl4lf

Answer by txgrl4lf at 4:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• make sure to test wasn't exp. i would wait another week also.
    shauna544

Answer by shauna544 at 9:38 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I took a dollar store preg test with my son and it turned positive right away. They are just as accurate as the rest. Try taking a long nap and then taking a test with the pee that has been sitting in your bladder. It will have more HCG in it if you're early along than pee fromlater.
    tykesmommy

Answer by tykesmommy at 2:51 AM on Mar. 30, 2009