How does THIS work?

I was driving to my baby sitting job yesterday, and as I rounded a corner I saw a woman with an oxegyn tank behind the wheel of her car (I could see the tubes going into her nose). No big deal right? Except right after I noticed that, I saw her bring a cigarette to her lips.

So how does THAT work? I was shocked!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• She has a death wish? Oxygen and cigarettes=explosions. Pretty scary.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:18 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Those are the ones where you stand back and wait to see the big boom and fireworks when that sucker explodes!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• LOL anon. One day it will happen, unfortunately there are a lot of people on oxygen and still smoke! Sadness really.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• i knew an old woman who would have the tube under her nose anf smoke the house never blew up
    mememe27

Answer by mememe27 at 7:41 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I agree with #1. She probably has emphazima(sp)
    AmericanChild82

Answer by AmericanChild82 at 7:42 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Um, smoking, fires, and sparks are an extreme no-no near oxygen. There is even a large warning label on the tank. And if she is doing this in her vehicle, I would stay far, far away in case the whole thing blew up. Wowzer, is she ever dumb!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:12 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Here's a good link about personal oxygen use and smoking:

http://www.njgasp.org/i_health_oxygen%20equip.htm
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:15 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My FIL is dying of cancer, they brought him an oxygen tank bc the swelling will interfear with his lung capacity eventually, and he smokes, they just told him not to smoke with the oxygen on that when he's in this amount of pain they weren't going to ask him to quit now, he said he knew that it was kinda common sense not to smoke with oxygen, the nurse just laughed and said Oh you'd be suprised...some people just don't have common sense at all!
    INDIANAMOM

Answer by INDIANAMOM at 9:15 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My dumbutt of a SIL did that and she almost burn my nieces back seat. So stupid!!!!
    LND

Answer by LND at 9:21 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Like others said she probably has emphysema. I know a woman who's in her 60's has had it for as long as I've known her and that's about 12 years still smokes and carrys around her oxygen tank, she named it charlie. Last year she had a small explosion burned the couch and the floor, she was ok but is still smoking.

unknwndreamer

Answer by unknwndreamer at 9:40 AM on Mar. 26, 2009