How can I stop my dog from chewing on everything?

I rent an apartment and I want my security deposit back but my dog is chewing everything

Yellowrose9

Asked by Yellowrose9 at 8:03 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pets

• Tell him no and give him something that he is allowed to chew on instead. Repeat until he gets it. How old is he?
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• When my dog was a puppy she chewed the corners of our walls! I got a no-chew spray at Walmart or Target and it worked great I think it has a bitter taste so they don't like it.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:07 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Thank you that is exactly what he is doing chewing on the corners of the wall
    Yellowrose9

Answer by Yellowrose9 at 8:09 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• His age will be the biggest thing that will depend on how to change his behavior. If he is a puppy he needs something to teeth on. If he is older, then he is probable just bored. Get the bitter apple spray, if you get the name brand, it wont stain and it tastes horrible to them.
    Anonymous

• by redirection..tell him firmly NO and then give him something he Can chew on..he'll get it after a while
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Thank you girls, he is 4 months. He is really big for 4 months old.
    Yellowrose9

Answer by Yellowrose9 at 9:51 AM on Mar. 27, 2009