what would you do is the BM is constantly cutting you down?

My husband has told her to respect me as a step mom, I've been around for a long time. I've fought with her, I've been nice to her, I've tried to eliminate myself that has anything to do with her, except my step mom role. She doesn't repect me as a step mom and all the things I do as a mom. She always sends rude emails telling me I am like the evil step mom from Cinderella, I should have nothing to do with her son, no say. I'm sure I have my faults and I can except that; no one is perect but I am tired of her cutting me down, saying all this mean shit to me. By any means I am not a bad mom. I do alot for my kids. She's the one who put herself in the position to only have him 3 weekends a month. My husband tells me not to feed into her emails and not to reply, but I've had enough, why should she be able to cut me down and I can't stand up for myself? Everythings "my fault". I'm about to snap.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I say block her and don't scoop to her level. No matter what garbage she's feeding her child eventually the child will realize the truth. Ignore her she's not worth the thought.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:47 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• i agree with PP
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:12 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I agree, cut her off completely and ignore her. Do NOT respond to her crap no matter how tempting it is to defend yourself. It sounds like you have the support of your DH and that is half the battle. I know this is hard...it was for me too in the beginging..but they are a family unit. Nothing you say or do will ever change that...let it be just that and let it go. Let him deal with all the shit. Just be good to the kid when he/she is with you and your work here is done. I read a book called Step Mom's. It was sooo very helpful to me. I was overly involved. Once I let it go I was much happier and things were much better. What possible reason does she have to speak or e-mail you for? Discuss drop off or pick up or homework to be completed while in your care and end it! Plus these are things the DH could be talking about with her not you. My advice...be very unavailable to the whole situation.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:27 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• hey sweetie, i agree with both of the poster above me, this person you are talking about just want to inflame problems and start drama, i know you can out smart this miss know it all, just keep being happy and act like she can't hurt your feelings cause when she sees you all cheerful it will make her even more mad, which there you will win her childish games, just keep in mind that when she does things to you atleast you get more pleasure of seeing her mad...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Mar. 26, 2009