Would you marry someone three weeks after you met them?

My friend met a guy at the bar three weeks ago and he proposed last night at dinner; she said "yes"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No way. I mean it may work for some people but really you wouldnt even know that person they could be a child molester for all you know. I mean whats the rush?
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:23 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Hmm its a persons choice....I met my husband one weekend and married him not even 2 weeks later.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 8:34 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I'm going to say no. Now my husband swears that the day he met me he told his friend that he was going to marry me someday but honestly I can't believe that.But I know people that got married fast (long then 3 weeks) and they have been happily married for 20 years. And I know people that knew each other for ever and never made it close to that long. So anythings possible but I couldn't do it.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:35 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• No I would'nt ,but I guess she is an adult ,it's her choice.Just be there for her ,I'd say she is gonna need you.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 8:36 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• When I met my husband it wasn't even a month before we moved in together. Five years later we married. We now have three children and have been together almost thirteen years.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:38 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I can't say yes or no unless I'm in that situation. Everyone is different. If I reconnected with an old friend who happened to me a guy and he asked me, I would. I know that wasn't the question.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 8:51 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• probably not but me and my husband were only together 3 months when he proposed to me.
    LND

Answer by LND at 9:17 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My friends parents got married after two week of dating and have been married for almost 40 years. I guess sometimes you just know.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 9:22 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Well my parents met were engaged and married all within 5 months. She was NOT pregnant when they got married. They have been married for almost 35 years! Whirl wind romances CAN turn out well. I don't know that I would have made the same choice, but it worked for them :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:25 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Not sure I would do it that quickly, not anymore anyway (maybe when I was younger)...but whatever floats your boat. We were pretty close to that mark. We met at the end of April/beginning of May 1999 and were just friends at work until he showed up at my apt. one night in June. The next day, on June 5, 1999, he proposed to me. We never dated at all and were just friends and then we were engaged. We knew each other like 5 1/2 weeks when he proposed. We didn't get married until 7 months after that, though.
    This June will mark 10 years since he proposed and we've been married 9 years now, have 4 kids and are expecting our 5th this year.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:31 AM on Mar. 26, 2009