Has anyone ever had 3rd degree burns?

My husband got 3rd degree burns early February and his left hand is grafted all the way up the middle of the inside of his arm. He is also left-handed. He startes O/T this next week. He is still waking up in pain and still has alot of pain during the day.
If you have been or you are close to someone that has - can you let me know : how long before this pain subsides or gets better? It breaks my heart that I cannot help him.

gr-mom2

Asked by gr-mom2 at 8:45 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Health

• Hello friend! I have not experienced this myself, however, I do know that burns take A LOT of time to heal. I used to work in the medical field and the burn unit in the hospital is always a hard one to go through...

There really is not too much you can do for him, and I know it is heartbreaking. Has the doc given him any sort of pain killers? if the pain is still that bad, that may be something that he wasnts to ask about.

Good Luck to him (and you) during OT. You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers! It is a long road, but I know he can do it!!!

Good Luck!
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 11:43 AM on Mar. 26, 2009