Need to find a way to get motivated to lost weight.

Stepped on the scale and was shocked. But don't have support from the other half to lose the weight. I need suggestions to get me motivated to lost it.

Iowamom66

Asked by Iowamom66 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Cafemom has several GREAT weight loss groups where you guys can stay motivated together. I suggest checking it out! Also- I went and bought myself a brand new pair of jeans that looked HOT (except for that 'muffin top' I had around my mid-section. Each week, I'd try the jeans on to see how much closer I was getting to be able to wear them. That was my personal motivation.
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Do it for yourself! I lost 50 pounds almost 4 years ago by cutting back on my portions and drinking lots of water and exercising at Curves. You can do it, once the first 10 pounds come off and you lose a dress size, that's motivation enough!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I can honestly tell you that the motivation comes from within u. You have to want to lose it for whatever reason you find within yourself. I gained 50 lbs with my last baby at 37 years of age and I have lost 39lbs of it so far. I have weighed 120 almost my whole life and I was determined to to get into my forties being overweight. When you are ready, check out our group Losin Weight in 08 here on CM. Losts of great support and information. You can do it, you just have be ready to want to!
    lynn63042

Answer by lynn63042 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• There's a company out there that pays people cash or other prizes just for logging in when they do their workouts. Completely free to play the game. Let me know if you want more info.
    jylfkanney

Answer by jylfkanney at 12:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• join a group like Weight watchers where you will get the support.
    estherWSM

Answer by estherWSM at 1:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• This is a great place to put a shameless plug for the best motivation group on Cafemom.. Mommies Who Love Fitness! Come set a goal and start being accountable for your weight loss. :)
    averillholistix

Answer by averillholistix at 8:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Check out my site! TeamBeachBody.com/DreamE and click "play the game"! You can win money for working out and join a community of people with tons of support all for FREE! It is awesome! If you sign upas me as your buddy and we can workout together! My screenname is DreamE! :)
    DreamnBigEliza

Answer by DreamnBigEliza at 9:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

DreamnBigEliza

Answer by DreamnBigEliza at 9:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• weight watchers has done wonders for me.
    tiffe88

Answer by tiffe88 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Check out Sparkpeople.com. It's awesome and totally free. There are support groups, workout videos, and a way to track your food intake and fitness. It's really awesome...

Also, I have trouble getting motivated myself. What really helped me was actually coming to the conclusion about what type of fitness person I am. For example, I'm results driven, and I can't diet. Once I made those realizations I started to workout based on those realizations. It's really helped me a lot. Good luck!
    jtgraham

Answer by jtgraham at 8:38 AM on Jun. 21, 2008