How do I get him to figure out he's supposed to pee and poop in the toilet?

Okay, my 2 yr old son does all the actions of going potty. He'll pull his pants down, put his stool up to the toilet lift up the seat and stand on the stool for a little while, then put the seat down, put his potty seat on the toilet and sit for a while. Then he gets up, puts the lid down and flushes. The only thing is that he never actually goes. He knows when he's going, I can tell by his reactions and he always comes up to me and tells me he's "tinky" (whether it pee or poop) right afterwards. If he's running around naked, he will even get after me about putting a diaper on him because he knows he has to go potty. I think he's more then ready, but I don't know how to introduce to him what goes in the potty. He does the toilet ritual several times a day, usually on his own. Any suggestions?

xraydri

Asked by xraydri at 8:50 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds like he's on the right track. Let him go naked and when he wants you to put a diaper on take him to the bathroom to go instead. He'll get it!! Good luck!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 8:54 AM on Mar. 26, 2009