• In the Spotlight:

How much water should I be drinking?

I am almost 13 weeks along, and in the beginning I was very very thirsty, now I am to a point where I feel sick to my stomach everyday and drinking a ton of anything doesn't appeal to me. I would guess I am still drinking about 30 to 40 ounces of water everyday and I usually have some juice in the morning. I also have a cup or two of milk a day as well. How much water would a doctor likely recommend that I should be drinking? If I am feeling well hydrated do I still need to increase my water intake?

kitten_shuga

Asked by kitten_shuga at 9:08 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You are doing good on the liquids. Your ob should be proud of you. That is basically how much you should drink.
    tonya212288

Answer by tonya212288 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I think your doing well. Your doing better then I was when I was pregnant with my son. My kidny's started to fail because I couldnt keep water down. So keep up the good work mom. and good luck with the pregnancy.
    mommy20081

Answer by mommy20081 at 9:13 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I was drinking about 64 or more ounces a day by the end of my pregnancy. And much more while I was nursing. If you are getting in anything close to 64 ounces a day (all fluids included) then you are okay. Keep hydrated. One of the first signs of not being hydrated is contractions and you don't want that. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:47 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I too am getting thirsty alot, am mainly wanting water but am drinking quite alot of fruit juice aswell, not good by the end of the day cos I often feel very bloated by then & think some of it is retention. Saw loads of mums to be going through the same thing at : http://my.bounty.com/Forums/TreeLeaves.asp?btythdid=1798534&btySubid=133
    Bounty2009

Answer by Bounty2009 at 9:51 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Ask your OB but I was told as much as you can. Especially when I was retaining water. Which sounds really stupid but it's supposed flush out your system.
    crittermomma

Answer by crittermomma at 10:52 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• well, I was told i should drink at least 10 glasses a day...more if posssible.
    Aneq

Answer by Aneq at 11:41 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• They recommend 8-10 glasses of water, but you can substitute milk for water.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 26, 2009