I'm nearly 17 weeks and i don't know what i should be feeling...

what will the baby feel like when it moves? i've heard flutter, or popcorn, or even butterflies :) everytime i feel something odd i don't if it's my jelly bean or not ! what did first time mom's feel at first?

mamalinlin

Asked by mamalinlin at 9:31 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I definitely had the "flutter" with my son. It felt like something tickling around ever so slightly inside my lower abdomen. It was very subtle, but I knew it was baby in there.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 9:32 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I didnt realize it was the baby till much later about 20-25 weeks. by then i could tell it was a kick. now i am on my second preg an i am a little over 17 weks and i can feel the baby. i know its the baby because of the first time and it feels like a little flutter. when people described this feeling to me the first preg. i didnt quite know what to expect, chances are your feeling your baby
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:58 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I started to feel the baby around that time. I'm now 22 weeks, but to me when i first started feeling it, It felt like i had gas moving around in my lower belly.
    ashmurray

Answer by ashmurray at 11:43 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• at first at 16 weeks i felt like i had butterflies in my belly for at least about a few more weeks but after 27 weeks i felt full blown kicks punches rolls and everything else, now at 36 weeks my son is acting as if he wants to kick his way out
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 1:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• It feels a lot like gas lol. It's a flutter. The movements get stronger. It's really cool. Sometimes it can be hurtful. Depending on where the baby is.
    tonya212288

Answer by tonya212288 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2009