Could I be pregnant and still get a negative?

Hello everyone,
I am about 3 days late for my period but I continue to get a negative on the pregnancy tests. I have had 2 other children and the pregnancy tests always came up positive as soon as I missed my periods. Does your body react the same way with each pregnancy as far as hcg levels are concerned early on? I won't be able to get a blood test until the beginning of April because I am in the middle of switching insurance. I have some crapping like symptoms about 5 days after ovulation which I think might have been implantation and my temperature has been elevated since ovulation (I had a 3rd thermal shift around 10 dpo) Thank you for any help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My ex MIL had negative tests until she was 6 months pregnant, poor woman went through most of her pregnancy and didn't even know she was pregnant until a dr told her she couldn't take some medicine, hell of a shock to her actually.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 10:18 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I have heard that no matter what test you are using they are not really accurate unless yu are five day's late.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 10:23 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I had a previous miscarriage because a pregnancy test came out negative. I was on some medicines that killed the baby because i didn't stop taking them. I was also on BC and wasn't supposed to be able to get prego, but I missed two periods and i took a test and it showed up negative so i didn't worry, and i lost the baby a year ago the day before Easter. When I felt the same things come on with this baby, I went straight to the doctor and had him do a serum test and it turned out positive that I was. And now I'm due in July!

So don't always believe them, if you are feeling strongly that you are, go have a blood test taken, its the only for sure way of knowing.
    ashmurray

Answer by ashmurray at 11:40 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• my tests didnt show up positive til i was about 6 weeks along , and that was almost every test on the shelf those digital ones and the regular ones , and just about every brand . if you are getting a neg then just wait it out or head to the dr that is the best i can say .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• go to your local health department and have them do the test on you.
    tonya212288

Answer by tonya212288 at 2:23 PM on Mar. 26, 2009