Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can you make someone see that they have a big drug problem

my mom and dad had my sister has one very bad and they make it ware know body wants to be around them and i cant stand it. my mom gets so messed up my dad had over 2 grand in the bank and she spent it all when he got the card back he had 22 dollars left. im tired of it i hate watching them kill there selfs please help if you have any suggeston on how to help the dont be rude please

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Health

Answers (5)
  • You can't ! They have to see it for themselves. No amount of anything will help them if they don't think they have a problem or want the help. You can try to talk to her, videotape her, leave pamphlets about addiction, but unless she wants help you can't help her.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

  • You can try what I think they call
    a sit is when all the people involed get together and someone brings the addict
    there, but not to his knowledge..
    and you talk about his addiction and what effects it has on you..
    We tried it with my brother over and over but it took him 20 years to hit rock bottom...and
    he is now clean for 2 years..
    I would disconnect from the addict if I was you, they do nothing but distroy you life, they do
    the drugs but it effects your life...

    Answer by Dannee at 11:02 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

  • i know we have told them how they fell well some of ther kids want say nothing because thas how they get there drugs id thru them and they dont have a drug problem because there dr writes it for them with is bull shit me and my sister has call their dr about it and he still writes it for them

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

  • Well then you should call the doctors office, and let the nurse know that that you will be calling the state medical board, and letting them know that the doctor is knowingly prescribing meds to such and such person, knowing that the person has a drug problem. That should definitely get their asses under fire. Sometimes you have to go the most extreme route, in order to try and help that person. Also the doctor can put them in rehab once, he cuts them off those meds. Because otherwise the withdrawal symptoms could be too much. I don't mean to pry but what kind of meds are your parents taking? Is it narcotis(Pain Medications). If they are taking them, its going to be a long time before they can stop. But I would go through the doctors office first, and the medical board.


    Answer by Reggie2 at 8:49 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

  • it narcotisPain Medications and nerve pills

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.