Are induced labor pains different than natural labor pains?

My first pregnancy I was induced, and by the time I was acctually having contractions I just hurt, I don't remember the contractions just constant pain.

This is my second pregnancy and yesterday I started having cramps like I had to poop really bad, but then they would go away,and come back. Today my back just aches and I'm having period like cramps... Doc said they are braxton hicks when I saw him on tuesday, but they aren't going away no matter what I do. I can talk threw them, but it hurts like hell to walk around. Last time i went in the nurses treated me like i was stupid and sent me home, so im nervous about going back in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've only had an induced labor. What I noticed was that most of the pain was in my lower back and if they don't monitor the meds well, you will not have a gap between contractions to recover, thus making you request an epidural. I had contraction(s) for over 2 hours long (no break or ease up) and finally needed the epi to ease the pain and get a break.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Time your contractions. Once they have been 5 mins apart for an hour, it is definitely the real thing.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:05 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I was induced with my first to. My secnd I went in when I was having contractions 5 min. apart for an hour. Being induced hurts so much more than goin oon your own. I didn't even get to get the epidural with m second, and i didn't really need it like i thought i would i couldn't have gone hrough being induced with out that lol.
    Anonymous