Did anyone who took the pill get depressed while being on it?

I realize looking back when I was on the pill for a few months it made me so hormonal I would get depressed about my life and cry all the time which is not me at all. Has this happened to anyone else?

lonelymom911

Asked by lonelymom911 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Health

• I was the same way... I told my dr about it so we played the switch around BC game because I wanted to be on it even tho I wasn't in a relationship and I wasn't having sex... I learned the hard life things like that sneak up on you so I was going to be prepared for when/if it happened... I was very close with a few of the guys I worked with, and they always knew when I was on BC again because they said I got "crazy." I'd get impatient, extremely irritated very easily, I'd be an emotional wreck (i cried a few times at work, over very silly things), and I was sad alot. When I wasn't taking it I was a functional, happy, easy going person.

Have you tried Yaz? That was the last BC I was on and even tho it made me more likely to cry while watching movies or when I got really stressed out, that ws the only side effects I had. It also helped with cramps. For the first time, I didn't have cramps.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• It is reccommended that you take a vitamin B complex while on the pill to help with mood elevation
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 11:38 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I dont remember which brand it was (i think it started with a P?)
    Oh man! My moods where everywhere.. my poor dh, i dont know how he stuck around (we where dating in hs at the time) i was a bitch, i was depressed, i got low self-esteem.... it was horrible...
    Finally DH is the one that said I needed to get off the BC because it was effecting me (heh i didnt notice!).
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I am on Yaz and it has helped with my crazy moods. I do get a little moody but that is normal during my period. It has also helped with cramps and my face breaking out. My period also went from 5 days to 2 and is really light. Best choice I even made.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I don't do really well with artificial hormones, either. It's probably just your makeup. There are other forms of BC that don't involve hormones, though.
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2009