Do you give your baby empty bags of candy and things like that to play with?

My dd loves them and will play with them forever, but my mil gets so mad saying it's "wrong". Do you do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• And I don't do stupid things like give him giant plastic shopping bags that he could stick over his HEAD or something. I don't get why people are so uptight about smallish-medium sized packaging with close supervision. Love the anonymous posts too. There are so many people on here who are chickensh*t.
    quirkymama

Answer by quirkymama at 3:13 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I wouldnt want him suffocating on the plastic...
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Honestly, I'd never do it. You run the risk of suffocation.
    NFLplayerswife

Answer by NFLplayerswife at 11:14 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• banging head into wall

lonelymom911

Answer by lonelymom911 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• ummm no i dont do that.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• How would they suffocate? It's hard plastic. She can't even manage to get it close to her mouth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Do you mean like with you sitting right there and just letting the baby hold it so he can feel the crinkly paper? I have never done that but if you are supervising and just letting the baby touch it that is one thing.... leaving the baby to chew on it is another. There are plenty of baby toys with crinkly textures and sounds that are much safer than a bag!!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:20 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• not to mention I watch her the whole time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Are you talking about like you buy a little bag of m&m's and then let your DD play with it hearing the crinkling sound and all that?? Then yes I used to do that. They like the crinkle sound and the 'funness' of snapping it tight. And when your driving and have NOTHING to hand them it's a real life saver
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Yep! That's exactly what I'm talking about. I was just watching her play with an empty bag of jelly beans and I really honestly couldn't see how she would manage to suffocate with it if she tried.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Mar. 26, 2009