Reborn dolls, creepy or works of art?

I recently discovered the beautiful art of reborn baby dolls (dolls that are painted to look like REAL babies) You can even add special things like a battery powered heart beat, a "breathing" mechanism and a radiant heat type thing to make them seem like real babies. I am watching one of ebay right now that will sell for over $1300. Not because I want to buy one but because I think it might be fun to try making them. At first I was all "ah eerie" but then I thought they were kind of cute, so out of my curiosity what is your opinion>? Cute or creepy?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130294462397&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

humaniterian87

Asked by humaniterian87 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I always thought dolls were creepy--especially the ones that look real. I remember when I was little my mom started a collection of porcelean dolls for me, probably worth a lot of money, but I HATED them, they made me scared to sleep in my room at night. And when I was like 6 I broke one. Needless to say she sold them after that.
    Anyways, sorry for the long post, if you like them that much go for it. They just arnt my cup of tea.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• creepy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• they're both
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:21 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I agree, they are both. I believe that those who buy them could use that $ for a therapist instead.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:37 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• lol I'd have to agree with the money fro a therapist. I think they would be fun to make but I would never spend hundreds even thousands of dollars on them thats pretty looney
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I think they are amazing.

Snowcorgi
    Snowcorgi

Answer by Snowcorgi at 1:48 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• They're fine. What creeps me out is the women that carry them around pretending they're real. It was recently on Dateline or 20/20 I think.....weird!!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• They're kind of cool, in a weirdly creepy kind of way.
    quirkymama

Answer by quirkymama at 3:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Creepy. But I think most dolls are creepy.
    Momtocccd

Answer by Momtocccd at 3:49 PM on Mar. 27, 2009