Should the Government Get More Power in Private Business?

This is ridiculous! IMO The government should not have bailed out the failing businesses and they sure should not have free reign to assign pay or to decide when a business is in "risky" territory. What Geithner wants to do is very unconstitutional and maybe illegal. I'm hoping this will go away before it even comes to a vote. whats your take on it?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Ever hear the old saying "Give them an inch, they will take a mile" That is what is happening here and will continue to happen if we allow it.

TinasTribe

Answer by TinasTribe at 12:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Um, there is a reason it is called private business. Geithner is a raving lunatic. That man needs to be stopped.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I wonder if they are just pushing as much as they can, trying to see what they can get away with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• It will happen. Our government is determine to bring us fully into communism. No foil hat here, just look at all the recently passed legislatiion and the legislation waiting in the wings.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:22 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• That is the worst thing we can do. It is too late at this point. We are officially an America of socialism now. When the market got bad they should have let it fall. It happens all the time. But the TV instilled fear into the American mainstream and created a panic that did not exists until they put their hands in the mix, now we do have a true crisis. Government has very few roles and our Bill of Rights and Constitution clearly points those roles out. Those documents were created to GOVERN THE GOVERNMENT. Not the other way around. It was to insure true liberty and freedom. We are so far away from that now I can only pray that the new movement on the rise can topple the tyrants in the white house. If only people could see why more Government is bad, not the fixer upper they hope for. We need Change, but not the Change the white house is offering.

TinasTribe

Answer by TinasTribe at 11:23 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Maybe we can all do a "When will Geithner Get Fired" pool.

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 11:23 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• And who appointed him????? THERE lies the answer----
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Obamanation already said he WOULD not even accept his resignation let alone fire him!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

I did something similar last week and was told I was a hater, and negative :o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I did something similar last week and was told I was a hater, and negative :o)

__________

Well, I expect to be getting it too then. Thanks for the heads up.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 11:25 AM on Mar. 26, 2009