How do I ask jealous husband if I can go out with a male friend?

I have a friend, male, that I have been friends with since high school. I havent seen him in 10 years, he has been in the Air Force. We email almost everyday, and yesterday he told me he is going to be in town and wants me to go downtown with him to see some buddies of ours play at a club. I really want to go, I miss my best friend, but hubby has never met him and gets VERY jealous when I am around other men. What is the best way to ask him if I can go. (there has NEVER been anything remotely romantic between me and my friend)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• WHY can't you take your husband with you?! Perhaps he would be more understanding if he got to meet your friend and his buddies?! I can't imagine going out with any male friends from my single days without my husband.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:20 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Would you let your hubsand go out with a old friend who is female? Alone?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• @ LoriKeet
    I have asked him to do stuff with friends with me before, he always flat out refuses, he doesn't want to get to know any of my friends, I wish he would go.
    Anonymous

• @ anon
    I have let him go out with female friends alone. He has even gone out with his ex a few times. I trust him, and Im not the jealous type.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I don't see why you can't go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Just ask him and say you would like him to go as well, but you and other friends are meeting him It's not you just alone. Now if it was the two of you then it would be awkward regardless.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• just tell him i say.. it old friend.. your husband has to trust you.
    I did that with my husband. when my guy friend came to visit. I just told him. My husband trust me and i told him this guy is marry too . me and my guy hang out at the coffee shop all day talk about the old times and just walk around. he came around winter so it was cold outside...
    the guy i saw he took me to his prom in hs and i have not seen him 4 years. So just tell your husband little about the guy. he should be understanding.
    it not like you going to be seeing every day just once in full moon..
    mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 11:27 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Take your husband with you so he has nothing to worry about. I would never to a club with an old friend who was a male out of respect for my husband.
    I am the jealous type, so I can understand how your husband feels. It would seem inappropriate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• The thing about jealousy is, its never just jealousy... there's always an underlying problem that needs to be addressed.

Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• go anyways...Tell him you are going to meet family or a friend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Mar. 26, 2009