grinding teeth

Ok so my dauhter is 15 months and she constantly grinds her teeth. Shes already chipped her front tooth from doing it. What can i do to make her stop?

hisfuturewifey

Asked by hisfuturewifey at 11:21 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Both my sons did/ do this too ....ugh its like nails on the chalkboard, i just tell them no no and my oldest grew out of it really quick. I havent heard my youngest do it lately...its was really bad when he first got his top teeth in. Good luck!
    Jacemommy31506

Answer by Jacemommy31506 at 11:33 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• maybe take her to the dentist? see if he has any input/solutions?
    annelebar

Answer by annelebar at 11:53 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I know this sounds really mean but it got my daughter to stop grinding her teeth and she's 19 mos old. What I did was that I would either gently smack her lips and tell her no or flick em because my daughters teeth are messed up from her doing it so much but she stopped now and I haven't heard her do it since I've been doing it to her.
    Anonymous

• My girly does this as well and I HATE the noise it makes. And I am already pretty sure she's going to have messed up teeth (both my hubby and I have had to wear braces). I VERY gently pat her mouth and say NO very firmly everytime she does it. After two or three times she'll stop, but then she starts up again a few days later. Maybe it's just a weird thing they just have to grow out of?

brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 12:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My daughter did this for a little while and I just tried to ignore. It drove my husband and I crazy but we decided to let it run it's course. We didn't make a big deal about it and one day she just stopped.
    Melissa6280

Answer by Melissa6280 at 8:04 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• yea my daughter is 2 n a half months old. well my daughter grinded her teeth when shewas just like 2 it didnt last long, you should pop her mouth not hard, or hold her cheeks together like a fish....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• it's a phase...mine did it and outgrew it within a couple months.
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 11:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2009