Not eating enough? Or good enough for me?

I am currently breastfeeding. Baby does not have any problems getting enough milk or making not enough diapers. And I feel fine. I eat once a day, probably no more than 500-800 calories. Is this not enough? Or is it good enough for me? Im losing weight and feeling great.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• You need to eat more, even is you feel fine you should be eating at least 3 meals a day with 3 snacks, you might be doing alright now but in the long run this isn't good and it might make your milk dry up early if you aren't getting proper nutrition.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• That's plenty if you don't mind the fact that your milk will probably dry up and that you'll become malnourished.

A nursing mom should eat roughly 300 calories MORE than a pregnant mom.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• A non-pregnant, non-nursing mom should eat an average of 2000 calories per day! No, you're not eating enough!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• you are malnourishing your baby. if you are even asking this question, i think you know the answer to it. that's ridiculous.
    annelebar

Answer by annelebar at 12:24 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• To the ABOVE ANONYMOUS POST Eating 2000 a day if typically for a male.

You need to take in about 1800 Calories a day if your are trying to lose the rest of your baby weight.

However, eating 2000 calories a day is fine.

Eat several small meals a day. Try eating before you breast feed. Someone like to eat while breast feeding.

Remember to excercise daily as well.
    DancerMomof2

Answer by DancerMomof2 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• To DancerMomof2...an average male takes 2500, an average woman 2000. A woman should take NO LESS than 1800 calories when trying to lose weight.
    Anonymous

• Women can eat as low as 1200 when they are trying to lose weight Anon. Slimfast tries to keep you around 1200 a day. What diet are you talking about?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2009