Why didn't you wait for marriage to have sex? Do you wish you had waited?

Please offer me as much feedback as you feel comfortable. I waited til marriage, and many of my friends did too, as well as my husband. I am now raising two children who will, obviously, be influenced by other views on this subject. I would just like some input on other people's views. Thanks so much!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• I waited and am glad I did. Sex to me was only going to be good and meaningful in a loving marriage. We have 20 years under out belts and guess what the sex is better than ever. We both were virgins and had to teach each other what we liked but it was wonderful and so intimate. I was raised with self confidence and it allowed me to value myself and not just have sex with anyone. I feel for all who did not wait they will never know what they were missing.
    Anonymous

• Because I just simply didn't want too. I always planned on waiting for religious reasons but I realized that really wasn't what I wanted to do. I don't regret it either. My husband was my one and only :)
    lonelymom911

Answer by lonelymom911 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I didn't I swore I would but fell in love and didn't wait. That ended and in my case it worked out for the best bc my husband had this 'theory' that he would never date a virgin (even though I was his first serious real gf) bc he thinks that girls get super clingy to the one they loose it too and he wanted to know it wasn't that he was the only person I was with because he doesn't want me to 'wonder what else is out there' They are stupid reasons I know but hey we live and learn right??
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 11:42 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Nope, I don't regret it at all. I've have not had many lovers at all anyway. Maybe if i was a total slut i would. But i loved the guy i was with, we were together for 5 years. And i have NO regrets sharing that intimacy w/ him. It was worth it, & id do it again if i had to go back. I have had a lot of people tell me though that woman who don't wait regret it. Maybe some do, but all together that's a total crock. Sex is wonderful, of course if it's consentual & your both in love eachother then its great...married or not.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:44 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• It wasnt my choice not to wait- and if I had to take that moment back I would. However, I had sex after that happened and was happy with my decision. I was curious, and I liked the feeling I got. Im glad I did not wait because I probably would have been disapointed, and now I can take the "experience and practice" I have and use it towards my husband. Same thing with him. It makes our bedroom time a lot more fun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Because my curiosity got the best of me. I also thought I'd end up marrying that guy, so I figured it was no big deal. We had been together for a long time and I guess being around each other builds up the tension. We broke up and I met my now husband. Yes, I do regret it. My mom wanted me to wait and I can see why now. I'd have loved to have just shared myself with my husband, and it would have been a lot more special if we waited until our wedding night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• i feel it's better to wait until marriage. i didn't & i was so unprepared for the consequences. & after i gave birth.. i wasn't even sure if i even liked the man i was dating& when you're dating you don't always think about the guy's family. my baby's father's family is a PAIN. i hate them -__-& they keep asking him to run errands for them. we had such totally different traditions. and they were just WAY to crazy for me to deal with. some were manipulative using guilt into getting my bd to do stuff, bleh.. nvm.. i wont go into that. at least if you wait until after marriage, you are positively sure you are with the man you love. sex shouldn't be what holds a marriage together. i don't believe that 'try before you buy' crap should apply to marriage. i believe the sex and marriage haven't been taken seriously enough,which could account for half of marriages failing. true love waits,love isn't a feeling but, an act of your will.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Because it's fun.
    Marriage doesn't really mean anything to me and I don't intend to ever get married. So I don't carry any stigma against pre-marital sex.

On the other hand, I wish I had at least waited 'till I was 18. That was a stupid idea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I was 33 when I got married and I don't regret a single lover I had - it was all a part of my journey.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 11:57 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• No I didn't. I lived with a man from the time I was 16 to 18 and we talked about marriage but as the years went on his abuse got worse and I couldn't take it any more. So I didn't end up marrying him. Two months after I left him I met my husband. I waited until I knew things would turn out better with my husband than the other man before marrying him. By the time we did get married DH and I had had 2 children. I do not regret having premarital sex mostly b/c I would not have my older 2 kids if I hadn't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Mar. 26, 2009