Bladder Infection?

Okay so yesterday I was having back pain, on my lower left hand side of my back, and i called my nurse and never got a call back =/ today it is hurting AGAIN! It didnt hurt too bad last night, but real bad this morning! I have had bladder infections before, but have never had my back hurt with one! I went to urinate this morning and felt like nothing was coming out! It seemed to burn just a teeny tiny bit, and i have def been having the uurge to go to the restroom, when i gotta go , I GOTTA GO! Is this just pregnancy symptoms or maybe a bladder infection/??? I wish my nurse would be persistant so i could ask her, but until then...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would get checked . try calling your dr again , drink lots of water or better yet if you have cranberry juice drink that . but i would get checked . infections can be worse when pregnant . i know lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I called back, but am now waiting for her to return my call. I am peeing every 10-15 minutes but only a little tiny bit at a time, its not enough for me to be able to tell if it burns or not...but my back is KILLING ME still!! grrrr, and im drinking cranberry juice =)
    Anonymous

• im sorry honey i hope they call you soon . that is good cranberry juice helps to flush out your system . if you are prone to infections i would suggest drinking that as well as water for your pregnancy i know i have to i keep getting UTIs like crazy :(
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• GURL I HAD 9 BLADDER INFECTIONS(AND I DIDNT DRINK NE THING BUT WATER) DURING MY PREG. AND YEAH IT SOUNDS LIKE THATS WHAT U GOT ! BUT ID KEEP CALLING TIL U GET THE DOC. TO RETURN UR CALL!
    Riliesmommy

Answer by Riliesmommy at 12:26 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• It sounds like a bladder infection. Apparently they don't always start the way they normally do; a friend of mine had to go to the doctor once with similar back pain symptoms, and she'd somehow skipped over the bladder infection right to a kidney infection. So definitely get it checked out as soon as possible.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:40 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Well they called back and jsut want me to go pick up some medicine that they are calling in for me.
    Anonymous

• that is good i have had to do that before too lol . good luck i hope you feel better !!!!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I'm going through the SAME EXACT thing right now, I was actually about to post my own question about it before I saw yours... So they think it is a bladder infection? I have all the same symptoms- peeing every 15 minutes, just a tiny bit, it burns a little but like you said I'm not going enough to really gauge it, my back aches and it's a little worse on my left side... I just thought it might be a UTI, but do you think it could be a bladder infection instead? I didn't even know that back aches were a symptom of bladder infections. I've had kidney stones in the past, do you think I'm more prone to kidney and/or bladder infections because of that?
    Anonymous

• Ive had kidney stones too, but it wasnt near the pain. From what I understand a bladder infection an UTI are the same thing!
    Anonymous

• You should drink a lot of water. It could just be back pains, but I sort of had the same thing and I was told to drink atleast 6 or more glasses of water and clear juices like white grape juice, apple juice, and cranberry juice every day. Also put your feet up to elevate your back. Lay on your side when you sleep. and try to walk atleast 15 minutes a day 3 days a week. Believe me it helps. Just incase, you still need to have your doctor check it out on your next appointment.
    tonya212288

Answer by tonya212288 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2009