AHHHGG they STOPPED!!!!!

So I woke up with terrible contractions this morning every like 5 to 7 min. they were like that for about 2 hours. I didn't want to call the doctor and be wrong so I decided to lay down for a little bit. I just woke up and they are like GONE!!!! =( not nearly as strong or frequent...what should I do??

gettingfat89

Asked by gettingfat89 at 11:44 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• nothing you can do , most likely it was braxton hicks if it was real true labor it wouldnt had stopped. just keep an eye out for them again .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• there was not way they were braxton hicks they were terrible! like really really bad period cramps that made my butt hurt and made me feel like a I had to pee when I didn't
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 11:51 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• braxton hicks can be painful . very painful . but if it stopped there is nothing youo can do about it , no contractions then no labor . the most you can do is go to L&D and be checked if you are contracting to where you cant feel it or even ones you can feel they will tell you . depending on how far along you are then they will either stop them or let them go . either way there is a chance you can be sent home. if it makes you feel better then go get checked . its better to know then be worried about it . but even if you are contracting close if you arent dialated far enough they MAY send you home . i know at most hospitals they have a limit of dialation they want you to be befor ehtey keep you . even with my first i got sent home over 4 days and i was screaming and crying the whole time . they finally kept me day 4 .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• oh just thought id also add im 35 weeks and 5 days and i have been contracting on and off for about 3 days now . pretty painful ones,
    if your get close together then i would go get checked for sure , besides that you can try to take a warm shower if they hurt really bad it can at least help you relax a little .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• yeah i know how you feel! im 36 weeks 2 days and i was in labor the other night and then everything stopped...the doctors were sure i was going to have the baby..oh well..i guess now!

and this morning i was having contractions and they stopped too...
    =[

hopefully things turn around for the both of us lol <3
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• it sounds like BH to me to im 36 weeks and i have been having them for the past 2 weeks and they do hurt really bad sometimes i just go take a hot shower or bath and rest and thats all i can do tell the real ones come
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 12:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Sounds like prodromal labor. Contractions can last weeks before you give birth. They are helping to prepare your body for labor. Women who have long prodromal labor generally have short labors because the body has already done so much of the work in the weeks before. Try going to a chiro to be adjusted. Sometimes baby being in a bad position can prolong labor. You are only 37 weeks. Plan for another 5 weeks of pregnancy. If you give birth before then, you will be pleasantly surprised.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• well sounds like your body was practicing for the real deal, good luck
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 1:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2009