Do you walk around naked in front of your kid/s?

*Hubbie and I don't!* I'm just curious to know if it's a common thing, as a few of my friends' parents did with them and told me I should..which is ridiculous, none of them are parents yet but are telling me what to do. Anyway..did your parents do that and if you do with yours, how old is/are your kid/s, why do you do it, and when do you plan to stop?

irishstarz

Asked by irishstarz at 11:52 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• My DS is almost 2 and I still shower with him sometimes (esp if it's shower with him or not at all) DH doesn't anymore. About 2 weeks ago our son had a LONG convo with DH in the shower about his pp and his daddys pp and it weirded DH out so he stopped. I don't prance around the house naked but once DS starts taking notice in the differences between my 'stuff' and his I will stop. My parents were very weird about nakedness too and I just grew up thinking it was normal that your bady is yours and no one else needs to see it. Of course our son on the other hand might be a nudist lol he loves being naked for the world to see.
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 12:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Well I do in front of my dd...so does my mom. My mom does it in front of me and my daughter. I think is normal for same sex. My dd is 7. She is always in the room when I get out of the shower or when Im getn ready in the morning.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I have DD4 and DS2, and while I don't strut myself around the house naked, they do often storm in on me when I get out of the shower, I don't cover up as I don't want to teach them to be ashamed of their bodies. I also still BF DS so they both see my boobs quite often.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:55 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I don't think its EVER a problem when you are the same sex. I remember seeing my mom naked when she was about to bathe or getting ready and it was no big deal. Different sex is a different story.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:56 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• We do. Neither of our parents did or at least I don't remember it if they did. Our DD is 2 (another due soon) and I guess we'll stop when someone becomes uncomfortable with it. I imagine my husband will be the first to fall lol. All 3 of us shower together too sometimes.

As long as everyone is comfortable with it I don't see a problem. Nudity just isn't a big thing in our house :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 11:59 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• We have a dd.... So yes Im naked around dd she is 2 & we still bath together.
    DH does not get naked around dd... he doesnt feel right.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I don't hang out around the house naked but both of my children(9 months and 3 years) see me naked when I'm getting in and out of the shower or changing clothes, depending on if they come in the room while I'm doing these things.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My lo is only 6 months, so it's not really an issue. But when my children are older I want to teach them modesty. I won't be strutting around naked or in underwear. If they see me naked as a result of barging in the bathroom that will be fine, though I plan on locking the bathroom door. I won't mind changing clothes in front of daughters though, I mean, we all took gym at some point and went through that.

My dad was never modest and it always bugged me. I don't want my kids to deal with that.

I don't think modesty is being ashamed of your body, I think it's having respect for your body and for other people who don't want to see you without clothes on.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 12:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I have two sons. While I won't purposely walk around naked or in underwear in front of them, I don't make a big deal out of nudity either. If they walk in on me in the bathroom or something, I just ask them nicely to please wait til I come back out. But, if I'm getting out of the shower and one is screaming, I'm not going to take the time to get all covered up, you know? I just try to teach them that while the body is nothing to be ashamed of, it is also not something to be shown off wherever and whenever, either.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• My parents never, walked around naked in front of us. But when they were babies and even toddlers I would briefly if we had just bathed or I just had to get dressed. I still change with my teenage daughter and such but just walking around naked, No~
    lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 12:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2009