Do you believe that most....

girls and women who work in the adult industry have been sexually abused at some point in their life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No. I had a perfectly normal middle class upbringing. No sexual abuse in my past. I was an exotic dancer for a few months while I was in between jobs. I danced, got paid, went home. Nothing more. So what, I could dance and had a pretty good body and made money for my mortgage/car/utility payments. I'm fine now. I was fine then. I had a fine childhood.
    Anonymous

• Well I was when I was a kid and I don't do nether one of them you are just stereotyping

Anonymous

• * Please read the question again, I don't think you answered correctly. You don't do nether one of them, what does that mean?
    Anonymous

• nope. I have a friend who quit nursing to do phone sex. She makes over 55K a yr, has benefits, pension and a 401K. It was a financial move for her.
    Anonymous

• Maybe who knows.... I think most woman in society have been sexually abused in some way in their life time. .
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• It's possible. I also think a lot of girls get into trouble at a young age and see it as a way to make a lot of money fast.
    Anonymous

• "Maybe who knows.... I think most woman in society have been sexually abused in some way in their life time. . "

Seriously?
    Anonymous

• I agree maybe groped or sexually harrassed or verbally abused in a sexual way.
    Anonymous

• My DH told me I was the only girlfriend he ever had that had not been abused, molested, or rapped...I found that shocking. I am sure you can find pleanty of women who have been as well as who have not. I think it is a bit of a sterotype for that industry though.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Not necessarily. It does mean they have issues with self esteem though. That could come from abuse, neglect or just a mindset that tells you that youre not valuable and this is all you can do. I think that if you can work in the adult industry and tell yourself that you do value your sexuality and your self worth, then youre kidding yourself.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2009