Temp for a 3m old

My 3m old daughter is sick and I took her temp it was 99.4 would I give her tylenol or wait til it gets to 100.4. My dr told me to wait til it got to 100.4 with my older children. but they are still only 2.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Listen to your Dr.
    Anonymous

• Thats a lot of help....She told me that recently for their age now...I wanted to know if it was different for newborns...Thanks anyway.
    Anonymous

• put her in a cool shower. That is what always worked for my daughter.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• How did you take the temp? If you did it rectal that is a normal temp... if you didn't do it rectal then you should so you know what her temp really is.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:33 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• If that is a rectal temp, it's normal. 98.6 1 degree.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Thanks Ladies
    Anonymous

• I don't even think 100.4 is a reason to give tylenol. If your baby is uncomfortable then go for it. Here's a link I like to give parents.....I work for this hospital and it gives what is considered a temp and where it is taken...then a little chart with when to call and the severity of it. Remember fever is the body's natural way of fighting off something...so, when Tylenol is given for a slight temp it hinders the body's natural defense.

http://www.seattlechildrens.org/child_health_safety/health_advice/fever.asp
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2009