strange

ok i have a child whos father was abusive, and hasnt seen her for two years, i havent allowed it because he ssaid he was gonna kill her, cause he didnt want any kids. now hes using the system to get visitation, i am afraid for our lives, is it too late for me to get a protection order? and will the mediater allow him to see her?

mrsgreene

Asked by mrsgreene at 12:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• Usually you can get an advocate?? They will help you, tell anyone what he said, and how scared you are. If you have to talk to social services about your worries.
    casd

Answer by casd at 12:20 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I think you could get an order of protection now. you may want to get an attorney if you can afford it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I posted too soon- If you have to talk to social services about your worries, then do so. Make sure they know how scared you are not just for yourself but for your lil one.
    casd

Answer by casd at 12:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• fight, fight, fight. use any documentation, and any witnesses who will testify against him. if he does end up getting visitation, demand that is is supervised and in a public place where he is less likely to hurt her. good luck, you are in my prayers.
    annelebar

Answer by annelebar at 12:23 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• ria7 is right, apply for an order of protection. again and again...I don't know if they have a set amount of time for when you can apply for one.
    casd

Answer by casd at 12:24 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• You probably can but you should have back then so he wouldn't be doing what he is trying to now.

Anonymous