How do you know when your baby has reflux?

My baby girl is 5 weeks old and doesn't eat very much at one time..only nurses for about 10 min every hour and a half. And while she's nursing, she'll cough, and get a little fussy at times. Is this reflux?

mamakat21

Asked by mamakat21 at 12:24 PM on Mar. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can go to a chiropractor. they can usually do an adjustment that can help with reflux.
    casd

Answer by casd at 12:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Possibly, there is a test the hospital can do, she would have to drink some fluid and do a x-ray this would show if she has relux.
    On the other hand she could be getting cranky because she is not getting enough milk when she is nursing. I would try to bottle feed her and see what she is like and how much she takes in. Nestle good start is the best formula to try is you are breastfeeding. Make sure she is burping after every feeding this will help keep the milk down.
    Also if she had relux she would more then likely throw up what she took in.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 12:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Do NOT get a 5 week old adjusted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I HAVE A 7 WEEK OLD AND JUST FOUND OUT SHE HAS REFLUX! SHE WAS STOPPED UP AND COUGHING AND GAGING SO WE TOOK HER TO THE DOC. YEST AND SURE ENOUGH THATS WHAT SHE HAS!
    Riliesmommy

Answer by Riliesmommy at 12:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• to-11:28 AM on Mar. 26, 2009 by: Anonymous
    its not a back adjustment. Its a stomach adjustment, and it works
    Have you ever done it?? If not then you don't know.
    casd

Answer by casd at 12:33 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• A chiropractor on a baby??? Really??? hmmmm.....
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Yeah she has thrown up a couple of times. Damn...I hope my little wee one doesn't have it :( Poor baby. I'll talk to her doc in 2 weeks about the adjustment thing and the drink and xray and see what he suggests. Thanks ladies!
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 12:41 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• they do more then just crack backs. They approach things with the natural way, you can even find out allergies. Chiro means working with the hands- It doesn't just refer to backs, necks..... so forth
    casd

Answer by casd at 12:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• good luck sweetie
    casd

• huh....interesting. I love the natural stuff fo sho! But I didn't realize they did all that too! Thank you! I'll definately look into it! =)
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 26, 2009